Saturday, November 8, 2014

Things to do with the Fam.

I posted something today on facebook that lead to a rambling of thoughts.  I wound up with thinking of all the time I seem to waste where we could be doing awesome things together.  So, THAT needs to change.  It's saturday.  The morning insanity has ended.  I will say, now that the boy is so busy and had to cut back on karate a little, it's made saturdays a little LESS rushed so I even got to spend some time with the peanut at a local kids museum.  AWESOME.  We recently got a memebership there so we can just pop in whenever.  It['s going to be the best thing ever, I think.  The peanut had dance this morning followed by jump rope class.  These classes are nearly next door to each other compared with where we live in town so it seemed like such a waste to drive all the way home inbetween but it left us with an hour to kill.  So we went to the kids museum.  Awesome.  There are some things that I love to do with my rug rats one on one.  But what about those times when we're all home?  We're pretty broke too so it's not like we can just go out and do things, you know?  And even when we can - do remember, we have 5 kids in this house.   5.  So that simple little activity that's fairly inexpensive suddenly gets multiplied by 5 which usually makes it a big, expensive undertaking.  :(  And that sucks.  But we still don't want to waste away those rare weekends where we DON'T have a crap load of obligations.  So, what do we do?  THAT'S the answer I need to find.  


Now, when it's warm and sunny, that's pretty easy - we just go outside.  SOMETIMES we get brave and start a fire in the fire pit and even get some s'more's going.  We don't do that nearly as often as we should because, as I mentioned before, it's a little chaotic.  It's a simple thing but it somehow always becomes a BIG happening.  lol.  That's lots of kids and, you know, pointy sticks, fire and occasionally firey marshmellows begging to be unintentionally flung at each other.  As of yet, nothing has gone horribly wrong so we always forget and then do it again and once it's done and we're COMPLETELY exhausted, we go OH, that's right - THAT'S why it's been so long.  lol.  But, that's the joy in memory wipes.  lol.  Side note - this is how well MY memory protects me.  Even though I currently remember the insanity, I assure you, once it's warm again I'm going to resume wanting to have a giant s'more buffet at a picnic.  I can tell you now, I will want to do this even though at this moment I KNOW better.  Just you watch.  Anyways, so that's all good and stuff but it's now November.  IT'S FREAKIN COLD.  Even when it's warm it's cold.  I don't really want to go outside.  lol.  The kids will go out, don't go thinking that they become hermits like their mother.  But that brings us back to everyone doing whatever and oh, look, the day is done and we didn't do squat.  



There are TONS of lists of things to do at home with your family.  TONS.  But so many of them seem so daunting.  I need to get over myself and just get on with it and do some.   30 fun things to do at home, Fun at home with kids,   100 things to do during a money free weekend.
And there are certainly a TON of things I would pick off these lists.  But WHY does it have to be so easy to just in a minute, in a second myself into an entire day passing by with NOTHING happening?  I don't know but I MUST work on that.   A lot.   Really, what it comes down to is that I need to erase the phrase "just a minute" from my vocabulary.  I need to pay more attention to my priorities.  ESPECIALLY now that I have time with an empty house.  The house is perfectly happy with me focusing on it during THAT time.  I really need to use the REST of my "free" time more wisely.  So, THAT is my aim.  And, I suspect a good start would be shutting up and getting OFF my computer.  :)  With any luck, I'll have a better report tonight.  Have a great day and go do something!  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment